Saturday, June 20, 2020

Tesla Model Y

Tesla Model - Y, Test Drive First Impression


 Yesterday I went and test drove a Porsche Macan base after having driven a Porsche Macan S last year because my dad is interested in getting either a Macan or Macan S and also the tesla model y and we test drove it today my friend Dylan asked what I thought about it so this video is for Dylan I’m going to talk about the first thing I noticed in the car how it looks how it feels how it drives and what I think it'd be like to live with let's start off with the looks.


 I think it actually looks really good it definitely looks much better than a model x and it's a well-done variant of the model 3 so looks wise I think from the back especially the rear three-quarter the car looks great with the upgraded rims that this test drive demo model had I think it's fantastic especially with the blue I personally would get a blue one I’d either go blue or fully blacked-out if I went black I’d do a murdered out kind of tint look,


 I think it's it looks fantastic inside the car is also very nice of course it's super simple on the interioryou to have a full glass roof which I think looks amazing but if you got rock chipsin it would be an absolute pain in the ass todeal with and I don't know how insurance deals with that but this isn't the firsttime all glass roof has been done on tesla'sthe model x has had it for a few years nowso looks wise I think it's a great looking car that's very subjective sothat doesn't matter the first thing I noticed when I gotinto it is there's a little camera up in the centernear the sun visors so I thought that was very interesting and I asked thetesla advisor why there was a camera thereand he said it is for internal surveillance of your car so it's a dashcam that faces inside the cabin where you can see theseats and that is for when the full self-drivingrobo taxi or kind of uber fleet of tesla cars comes outso that if your car is driving someone and that person is not you,


 Its fully autonomously driving somebody else you can view footage doesn’t know if you'll be able to see it in real-time live who's in your tesla but if something happens I’m sure for insurance you'll be able to say hey yeah this person threw up in my car so they're getting charged 150 dollar fee or this person scratched the seats or you know didn't have their seat Belton or whatever the case might be so that was the first interesting thing I noticed the second is the acceleration you have the option of chill mode or standard mode chill mode is actually really nice for everyday driving,


tesla-model-y


 It is chill you put your foot down all the way it's not this gut-wrenching acceleration it feels really good it feels a little slower than a standard car but it’s nice it's very relaxed if you're just cruising going on a date recommend putting in the chill mode this is chill oh so my foot's all the way down this is the chill mode that's very chill so now if I go into driving and I go standard leave some space lets look at this all the way down wow what a difference holy shit when you put it in standard and keep in mind this was a dual-motor long-range model Y.


 it is blisteringly quick I think 0-60 isn’t put it up on the screen I don't know it feels really fast and that because of the instant torque teslas have always felt ridiculously fast in terms of acceleration because it has torque at any speed from zero to 60 it's really fast from 30 to 60 it's fast 60 70 plus and above you're not gonna be as fast as most gas cars that also doesn't matter so in terms of acceleration fantastic handling driving on you know on-ramps and off-ramps


 it does really well braking feels good it is definitely a heavier car because of all the batteries handling wise performance for the everyday driver who likes to be spirited there's nothing I can complain about at all so as a daily I’d say its actually a fun car it's not just good its definitely fun because of the acceleration and it handles well because of the low centre of gravity the seats are pretty comfortable the controls are intuitive you can figure out you know how to change your mirror with the little balls on the steering wheel and then you get used to the touch screen and the speed is there the only thing is,


 I notice myself speeding a lot more than usual because there’s no sound any sensation that you're going fast and so I found myself going from 60 to 80 instead of 60 to 70ish a lot more often and I’m sure that just takes some getting used to the other thing is you can change the steering from standard to comfort to sport mode and so it definitely becomes much heavier so you can see as I was trying to move the steering wheel gets a lot heavier in sport mode which is nice if you're doing some mountain driving then you can put it in the comfort modes in the front in terms of the fit and finish I don’t like the gloss middle I would probably wrap that or get some sort of decal skin for it,


tesla-model-y


 because it's just a fingerprint magnet you have this kind of deep glove box that's underneath your elbows in the centre console it goes fairly deep and you have a lifted kind of shelf in there so you can fit some goods there then you click in the middle and it pops up you have another storage compartment and then in front of that you have this interesting looking piece and that’s so you can run the cable for your phone it doesn't have a wireless-charging dock yet but if you want to plug in your phone also this car doesn't have apple carplay but if you want to plug it in you can run the cable from below and there are USB ports in there when I was closing those sections they didn't close on the first try every single time,


so I don't know if it's an issue with me not knowing how to just click down and close I honestly don't think it is if it's with the fit and finish that tesla has and of course, there are panel gaps and there are some finishing touch issues that happen in the first generation of any car tesla's especially prone to it and known for it and so keep that in mind I’d say if you're going to order this car probably wait another few months until they have them figured out and even if you ordered today it does take two to three months to get your car so they might figure out some of those issues by then there’s a lot of videos covering range anxiety and how much range you’ll actually get in tesla so I won't get into that there is a regular glove box you can tap on the box 


There the voice controls are fantastic so if you just hold down on the right ball and then voice control comes up you can say navigate to wherever navigation works very well navigate to tesla Santana row now turn right onto story road already started this car had full autopilot and I found that to be a little bit scary in the on-ramps and off-ramps where I didn’t know if it was going to take full control and some of the lanes that I was in kind of ended early and would have other cars merge in so,


  I don't fully trust the system yet autopilot okay look this is doing a full on-ramp now I’m not touching the wheel 24 miles an hour I think it's the best of any car in terms of adaptive cruise control lane-keeping assist and also autopilot or autonomous driving type features but I don't fully trust it yet but to be honest, if I were to order the car I would pay the seven or eight thousand dollars for full autonomous so Dylan overall I think it's great there's a ton of space in the back so you can probably either get a roof rack for your surfboards which,


 I would recommend um if they make a roof rack for the all-glass roof if not you could get a C- sucker and I’m sure c-sucker would work on the model 3 perfectly well or you can get a hitch and put a rack on the back of the car if not you can open the trunk and with just two tabs in the back you just click these little buttons the seats fold down you have a huge trunk area so if it's just you and a passenger you have a ton of cargo room the car gets a lot of range I think iterated for 316 miles,


tesla-model-y


 so I don't think range anxiety is a big deal I think it is very expensive for what it is right now a lot of people especially in California don’t need the dual-motor long range I would wait until 2021when they are coming out with a standard range which will probably be just rear-wheel drive which might be even more fun to drive honestly and is gonna is I would think seven to ten thousand dollars cheaper so overall those are my impressions of the model just upon the first test drive it's a good looking car it handles very well I’d say it's the best looking of the teslas actually,


 I really like that rear three-quarter angle it's very fast in the long-range dual-motor option I’m sure the performance pack makes it even crazier quick feeling and chill mode is actually very nice so those are my thoughts I hope that helps you out Dylan if you have any questions let me know and I’ll answer them via text if you' rewatching this and you're not Dylan thank you for doing that I hope you subscribe if you like these videos and I’ll see in the next one-piece. 



Thank You...

Saurabh Mishra

About Saurabh Mishra

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :